Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
Stress, Everyone experiences it. No one is immune because stress is a necessary component of life.
What stress does to you and why get a Massage in Northampton
Your body reacts unconsciously to situations you find threatening. It’s emergency stress response primes you for fight or flight by causing certain physiological changes to take place:
- your body produces additional adrenaline
- your heart beats faster and more blood flows into your larger muscles
- your breathing becomes shallow, and you start to perspire
- the functioning of your immune and digestive systems is inhibited
- the flow of blood to your extremities and internal organs is decreased.
Frequent or unrelenting stress can damage your body, ultimately leading to discomfort or pain. It’s a contributing factor in most disease processes. The adverse effects of stress can manifest themselves as:
- changes in blood sugar
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
You can understand why accumulated stress and tension can spoil much of the pleasure and productivity you find in life.
The antidote to stress is the relaxation response. A great way to get that is a Massage in Northampton
During the relaxation response, your endocrine and nervous systems activate changes to slow your heart rate, improve your circulation and digestion, and relax your muscles–in direct counteraction to the stress response.
There are many activities that can trigger the relaxation response, such as exercise, deep breathing, meditation, listen to soothing music or a Massage with Patty Gates!
Of course, one of the best methods to combat stress is a therapeutic Massage. Massage can dramatically reverse the damaging physiological effects of stress by helping to:
- lower your heart rate and blood pressure
- improve your blood circulation
- raise your skin temperature
- heighten your sense of well-being
- drop your anxiety level
During the massage, your tight muscles tend to relax and the pain associated with chronic tension is relieved. Increased circulation will supply more oxygen and nutrients to your muscles and help rid them of metabolic waste. Massage also stimulates release of the body’s own natural pain killer–the endorphinbs.
You can avoid the damaging effects of chronic stress and gain some control over your sense of well-being by getting a regular Massage in Northampton to put you in touch with your body, teaching you to monitor its signals and needs so you’ll know when you should take time out from the things that worry you.
What massage can do for you:
- provide anything from soothing relaxation to deeper therapy for specific physical problems.
- relieve symptoms of stress and anxiety
- increase the nourishing blood supply to your tissues
- improve energy and alertness
- aid your recovery from pulled muscles or sprained ligaments
- ease many of the uncomfortable stresses of childbearing, including edema, backaches, and exhaustion.
- relieve certain repetitive motion injuries related to on-the-job activities.
- greatly reduce your pain, if you suffer from such problems as temporal mandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ) or carpal tunnel syndrome.
- compensate, at least part in part, for lack of exercise and muscular contraction if you’re a person who, because of age, injury, or illness, is forced to remain inactive.
- hasten the elimination of waste and toxins stored in your muscles
- increase the interchange of substances between the blood and tissue cells
- heighten the oxygenation of tissues
- stimulate the relaxation response within your nervous system
All these responses to massage can:
- help to strengthen your immune system
- improve your posture
- increase your joint flexibility and range of motion
- lower your blood pressure
There are some instances when the use of massage might not be appropriate. Be sure to consult your physician before initiating any program.
As your therapist, I will do everything possible to ensure that your experience is positive and rewarding. You may be asked about your reasons for getting work done, current physical conditions, medical history, lifestyle, stress level, areas of pain, and other pertinent topics.You’ll be asked to undress in private and get under the sheet and blanket, on a comfortable padded table. You may leave your undergarments on or off, at your discretion. I will un-drape only the part of your body being massaged, ensuring that your modesty is respected at all times.
Your should expect a peaceful and comfortable environment for your session. The room will always be the perfect temperature for your relaxation. I would like to know if there is any kind of distraction, whether physical discomfort, room temperature, volume of music, or any other source that diminishes the experience of your massage.