What massage can do for you:
- provide anything from soothing relaxation to deeper therapy for specific physical problems.
- relieve symptoms of stress and anxiety
- increase the nourishing blood supply to your tissues
- improve energy and alertness
- aid your recovery from pulled muscles or sprained ligaments
- ease many of the uncomfortable stresses of childbearing, including edema, backaches, and exhaustion.
- relieve certain repetitive motion injuries related to on-the-job activities.
- greatly reduce your pain, if you suffer from such problems as temporal mandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ) or carpal tunnel syndrome.
- compensate, at least part in part, for lack of exercise and muscular contraction if you’re a person who, because of age, injury, or illness, is forced to remain inactive.
Once your session is underway, a whole range of beneficial reactions is set in motion. This therapy can:
- hasten the elimination of waste and toxins stored in your muscles
- increase the interchange of substances between the blood and tissue cells
- heighten the oxygenation of tissues
- stimulate the relaxation response within your nervous system
All these responses to massage can:
- help to strengthen your immune system
- improve your posture
- increase your joint flexibility and range of motion
- lower your blood pressure
There are some instances when the use of massage might not be appropriate. Be sure to consult your physician before initiating any program.
As your therapist, I will do everything possible to ensure that your experience is positive and rewarding. You may be asked about your reasons for getting work done, current physical conditions, medical history, lifestyle, stress level, areas of pain, and other pertinent topics.You’ll be asked to undress in private and get under the sheet and blanket, on a comfortable padded table. You may leave your undergarments on or off, at your discretion. I will un-drape only the part of your body being massaged, ensuring that your modesty is respected at all times.
Your should expect a peaceful and comfortable environment for your session. The room will always be the perfect temperature for your relaxation. I would like to know if there is any kind of distraction, whether physical discomfort, room temperature, volume of music, or any other source that diminishes the experience of your massage.